Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Here's to a Happy 2009

Rather than complain that sales are slow and the economy is doing poorly, I've chosen to focus on the positive belief that things will get better. I've begun looking for show and gallery opportunities for 2009 and just received word that my work was accepted into a two month show in the spring and I'm being allotted 10' of wall space, which is fantastic!

I know times are tough for many of us, but instead of getting caught up in the "woe is me" mindset, use this slower time to market yourself, learn something new like Twitter, refine a skill, take a class or enjoy some quality time with someone that might normally feel slighted when you're working so hard.

I was sick for the month of June and while I didn't get any art made, I spent those weeks looking for art opportunities and applying for shows. It's keeping me busy right up until Christmas.

So stop twiddling your thumbs and get busy! ;o)

No comments: