Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Welcome to my little corner of the Web!

Wow, talk about pressure. Okay, not really, but it was fun to say. I plan to not only showcase my art and interests in this blog, but also present to you other artists and their creations that I find exciting.

Right now I'm facing a long list of art deadlines. Yep, it's busy season for entering juried shows with specific themes, so I'm spending a lot of time in the studio. While I'm nipping and painting I have a zillion things whirring about in my head, but the biggest presence is Etsy.com! This summer I'll be opening two storefronts on Etsy. One will feature my mosaics, paintings and mixed media pieces and the other store will be for supplies. Stay tuned for details coming soon!

When I'm not spending time with my incredibly supportive husband and three dogs, I'm doing volunteer work for Catahoula United Rescue Society (http://www.catahoulaunited) I'm a foster mom, home visit coordinator and all around volunteer for them. They're a fantastic group of regular people that pull together to pluck Catahoula Leopard Dogs from high kill shelters across the U.S. and place them into foster homes until they are adopted. It's hard, emotional work, but when you get a kiss from a grateful shelter dog it's like the sun shines into your heart.

I look forward to sharing more with you!

Valerie

No comments: