Friday, May 30, 2008

Mother Mary has gone home


My mixed media mosaic,"Mother Knows Best" was hanging in Orleans Street Gallery in St. Charles, IL since March as part of their exhibit "Picturing Mary: Contemporary Images of the Madonna". My piece was chosen for the promotional postcards and newspaper articles for the show. It was quite an unexpected and exciting honor! Last month I was informed that "my Mary" had sold. I made a quiet visit to the gallery earlier this month to say goodbye to her. This week the show ended and she went to her new home. Does anyone else have a hard time saying goodbye to their creations? I always get particularly attached to the ones that incorporate some sort of face and wonder where they're hanging and what they're looking at all day. Best wishes, Mother Mary on your new journey.


No comments: