Monday, November 3, 2008

Just another manic Monday....

Okay, so "manic" would indicate crazy energy and I'm definitely lacking that. LOL I'm still in my funk that's been hanging with me for a few weeks, but I've been trying to push through it. I made something for the simple reason because I wanted to. Do you know how long it's been since I've done that? I honestly can't remember the last time I did that. That's sad. I made a handful of centerpieces using gifts from nature: scented pinecones, leaves, gourds and pods. They were so simple, but they looked beautiful and made my heart sing. I used to have a floral designing business and the daily grind took all the joy away. It was great to feel good about it again and absolutely no pressure. My dogs were a little confused as to why their Mommy was in the backyard with a flashlight at 3AM picking up treasures.

I gave one of my neighbors some leftovers from our "Doggie Halloween" party. She ran inside and came back with a book for me, "The Power of Giving: How Giving Back Enriches Us All" by Azim Jamal and Harvey McKinnon. As she handed it to me she started to cry and explained why she was giving it to me, which in turn had me in tears. I haven't had time to read all year, but it seems like a special book and I'm going to try to make a little time to read it a chapter at a time. I'm a big believer in giving back. You don't have to have a lot of money or tons of spare time to be a giving person. If more people realized that, the world would be a better place.

I have to do one more art drop off/pick up with a gallery in town today and then I'm done with that for a few weeks.

Have a great week, everyone!

No comments: